We experienced a smooth transition from San Francisco to Incheon Airport in Korea to Ninoy Aquino Airport. The 12 hour flight from SF to Incheon was long, but Asiana made our flight very comfortable. And definitely more than I can say about my experiences with Philippine Airlines. Who else would serve canned corned beef and bangus for in flight food? Our in flight dinner was Bibimbop, Soba noodles, and Korean hot sauce in a toothpaste tube. The next time we visit Korea on our way back, I’m definitely taking Korean hot sauce home. If it wasnt for all those movies I watched back to back, that 12 hour flight would have been dreadful.
Best Items to have during a long flight:
- A buddy
- Neck pillow: I purchased mine at target for $14.99
- Blanket: I brought my sarong which has many uses
- Movies: Either in-flight, or bring your laptop
- An aisle seat: easy access to the aisle meant nice walks, long stretches, and bathroom breaks.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, and lotion helped me feel refreshed
- Cheese-Its and Kit Kat: for long lay overs and those times peanuts and pretzels just don’t cut it